SLEEICK STORIES: God Bless The Day I Met You …Episode 8 (Finale)


There was a large man sitting on a settee, re-arranged to face the door, with a gun on his lap. He looked very scary with lifeless eyes and a scar that ran from his left eye to a chin. But all of that did not terrify Lara Saura.

Sprawled at his feet, lifeless, was her only sister, Jumebi Saura.

Lara screamed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Dwayne smiled.

He had just finished packing. He remembered earlier that day when he had successfully fooled Lara into thinking he was not going to be around this weekend.

“Well, I didn’t lie. I just didn’t say the whole truth” Dwayne chuckled to himself as he dropped his key in the usual spot for his caretaker. “I didn’t tell you that I was going to Rome with you.”

As he sat in the driver seat of his one-door Hyundai Veloster, his phone rang.

Unknown Number.

From his experience he knew you never ignore a call without a valid caller id. He answered the call casually.

“Hello; Dwayne Abdul here.”

“Dwayne” came the sweet Mexican reply.

“Adelina?”

“It’s a cruel act of fate that I am in love with a man who despises me.” Adelina said.

Dwayne didn’t have time for this.

“Adeline, you are a wonderful person and…” he began a well-rehearsed rhetoric

“I love you Dwayne.” she cut in

Dwayne was a man always in charge and thus hated being interrupted. He was about to protest when Adelina’s next words hit him.

“I love you, and that is why I can’t sit back and watch you suffer.”

“Suffer? Last I checked my life is boisterous.”

“For now it is.”

“Adelina” Dwayne said, getting bored of the conversation. “I have no time for this. I have to…”

“Listen” Adelina interrupted again, leaving Dwayne furious “my father is in Nigeria.”

“So?”

“He is in Nigeria, Dwayne, because of you.”

“Me?”

“He is there to make you suffer”

“Ha ha. Make me suffer? How? Who is your father anyway? I never cared to ask.”

“My father is Lord Bucchi, you foreigners may know him only as Muerta.”

Silence

“And he is there to kill Lara. Today. Hello?”

Dwayne was already zooming off. He was largely successful because of the speed of his thinking. Muerta was a name reserved for the king of the underworld in Mexico and that title was not accorded to anyone lightly.

“Adelina’s father is Muerta. Believable. He is seriously pissed off at me. Understandable. He wants to kill Lara. Unacceptable!”

Dwayne jammed the keys on his phone as he sped into traffic.

“My man Dway…”

“LARRY, I FREAKING NEED YOUR HELP NOW!”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Jeremiah arranged the last of the documents.

He had strategically arranged everything.

He smiled as he thought of the rose scented flowers and the red wine in the boot of his car. The document proof-reading and signing would take them several hours; giving him enough time to sulk and Lara to pet him out of guilt for the delayed start of his ‘romantic evening’ with his wife.

She was a sucker for beautiful flowers and wouldn’t mind a taste of the wine; wine he had infused with light drugs that would reduce her inhibitions. He had used a syringe to inject the drug through the wine bottle cover.

He was ready.

He stepped into his car, and quickly hit top speed as he sped towards Lara’s house.

“Are you ready; my sexy boss?”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Lara floated upwards watched herself from above. She saw herself screaming her heart out. She looked like an untamed beast just released from its cage.

“This isn’t like me” she thought

Turning her head she saw the object of her irrational behavior.

Jumebi Saura.

She looked ahead and saw a rough man sitting with a gun on his laps.

Lara felt herself come alive again as soon as she saw the man.

She shrieked like a wounded lioness and started running towards the man. It took a while for her to realize she was not moving. Somebody was holding her in an iron-like grip. She twisted and saw it was the man who had impersonated Adamu, her gateman.

He threw her roughly on the ground.

Lara’s fragile, pampered body hit the cold marble floor with a loud thud. No sooner had she landed though, than she rose up running towards the man screaming.

She saw the other man move; his leg shot out and caught her square in the rib. Lara heard a crack and she spat out involuntarily.

Blood.
SLEEICK STORIES: God Bless The Day I Met You …Episode 8 (Finale) SLEEICK STORIES: God Bless The Day I Met You …Episode 8 (Finale) Reviewed by Chris Jordan on October 11, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.